- 2 cups dry pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 strips of turkey bacon, cut in small slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (parmesan cheese), freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated (reserve some for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
1Cook pasta according to package instructions. When boiling the pasta, add salt and 1 tbsp. olive oil to the water.
2Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
3Add the bacon and cook for about 4-5 minutes until they start to get crispy.
4Add the butter and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5Add the garlic and whisk in the parmesan cheese and asiago cheese, until melted.
6Once pasta is cooked and drained, put it back in the pot and heat on low.
7Pour in the sauce and mix thoroughly until pasta is evenly coated.
8Serve and sprinkle some asiago cheese on top.