Ingredients for 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 12 portobello mushrooms meant for stuffing
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 oz. softened cream cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 slices Butterball Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 cup favorite brand BBQ sauce
1In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until browned. While onions are cooking, wash and remove stems from mushrooms.
2In a small bowl, stir cheeses, salt and pepper together. Pour cooked onions into cheese mixture and stir. Stuff about 1 tablespoon filling into each mushroom cavity. Wrap 1 slice Butterball Turkey Bacon around each mushroom, securing with a toothpick. Place under hot broiler or onto hot grill and cook until bacon is cooked to your liking, basting with BBQ sauce and turning occasionally. Serve warm.
3I like to grill these mushrooms face down first so the filling gets sealed in by the seared bacon. Some filling might ooze out, but it should be minimal.