Ingredients for 12 servings
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (see notes)
- 5–6 slices bacon
- 4 thick slices ciabatta bread, cut into cubes
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- 3–4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper to taste
Nutrition FactsView Info +
1Toss the cherry tomatoes and shallot with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic so it can hang out while you fry the bacon.
2Fry the bacon until crispy. Set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate. Leave the grease in the pan.
3Add bread to the pan with the bacon grease. Toss the bread over medium heat until golden brown and crispy (uhh, yum). Set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate.
4Crumble your bacon.
5Toss the bacon, bread, avocado, arugula, and basil together gently. Season with more olive oil, balsamic, salt, or pepper as needed. SERVE AND ENJOY!