Ingredients for 8 servings
- 2 slices turkey bacon diced
- 1 24 oz package of Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes Any variety, I used sour-cream and chive
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheddar cheese
- 1 block of cheddar cheese - cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Panko or Italian bread crumbs
- oil for frying
1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
2Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat while you form the balls.
3Open the simply potatoes mashed potato plate and drain any liquid that has settled. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, shredded cheese and cooked bacon. With lightly floured hands - pick up a tablespoon sized ball of potato mixture and flatten into a small pancake. Place cube of Cheddar in the center and wrap the potato mixture around the cheese. Repeat for the remaining balls.
4Place Flour, Bread Crumbs, and remaining egg in three separate bowls. Coat the potato ball in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs.
5Fry the potatoes in batches until crispy and golden on all sides, about 8-10 mins. Transfer fried potato balls to paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve alone or with marinara sauce.