Ingredients for 4-6 servings
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 large apples cored and thinly-sliced OR chopped into small pieces (I use 1 fuji or gala apple, 1 granny smith apple, but any will do)
- 1/2 of 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 cup candied or honey roasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese (OR crumbled goat cheese)
- 6-7 slices Butterball Turkey Bacon, cooked according to package directions and chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
Nutriton FactsView Info +
1Add spinach, thinly sliced (or chopped) apples, thinly sliced red onion, pecans, dried cranberries, and half of the feta cheese to a large salad bowl. Toss with the prepared dressing (See step 3).
2Serve immediately, garnished with the remaining feta cheese and chopped bacon.
3To make the dressing: Add all ingredients to a mason jar, cover, and shake to combine. Taste and adjust for personal preference on seasonings (salt and pepper)
4This salad doesn't store well! If you do want to prep in advance, I'd measure out and then store ingredients separately in plastic bags or small tupperware containers and toss them together right before serving. I'd quickly slice/chop apples right before eating (not in advance). The dressing can be made (and stored) in a mason jar 2-3 days in advance. Toss the dressing with ONLY what will get enjoyed the same day!