Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 cups trimmed and washed green beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup cooked and chopped turkey bacon
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Water to boil the green beans
- You will need a large bowl filled with chilled water and ice. Keep this bowl on the side.
1In a large pan, add water and let it come to a boil. Add the green beans and let it boil for five minutes.
2Remove the green beans from the boiling water and add it to the chilled water. Leave the green beans in the chilled water.
3In a hot pan, add the olive oil and onion. Sauté the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and stir on medium high for few seconds.
4Add the bacon and the green beans, lower the heat to medium. Season with salt and black pepper, stir for two minutes.
5Add the bacon and the green beans, lower the heat to medium. Season with salt and black pepper, stir for two minutes.