Ingredients for 1 pizza (8 slices)
- 1/2 recipe (1 ball) uncooked whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-natural marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon, no added nitrates or nitrites, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen and defrosted pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Nutriton FactsView Info +
1Preheat a grill to medium.
2Use a rolling pin to roll dough to an 8½ x 13-inch rectangle or 11-inch circle (no need to flour surface). Grease a large baking sheet with oil. Add dough to sheet and flip so that both sides have a light oil coating.
3Remove dough from sheet and place directly on grill. Close lid and, after 2 minutes, flip. Watch closely to ensure dough gets good grill marks and puffs up slightly but does not burn.
4While still on grill, spread sauce on dough. Sprinkle with cheese, then bacon, pineapple and onion. Close lid and cook until cheese has melted but crust is not burned, about 4 minutes. If crust is dark enough but cheese hasn’t melted, finish in a 350ºF oven.