Ingredients for 6 servings
- 8 slices of turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced onions (about 1 large onion)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of your favorite beer - a lager is a great choice for this!
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2 medium)
- 9 cups chopped cauliflower (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tsp generic spicy ground mustard (or any mustard you have on hand, but this is my fave)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Your favorite Fix approved hot sauce, to taste (if you're following 21 Day Fix, if not, use any hot sauce you like!) - you could also leave this out of the pot and just add it to each bowl so each person can customize the heat level!
- chopped green onions, for serving (optional, but delicious!)
Nutrition FactsView Info +
1Spray the lining of your instant pot with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray. Press the saute button, add the chopped bacon and cook until browned. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon. (I like to stick the bacon in a 250 degree oven afterwards to keep it hot and get them even crispier!)
2Add the butter and onions and cook for several minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. De-glaze with the beer, making sure you get up any browned bits in the bottom of the pot. Then add the broth, salt, carrots & cauliflower. Turn off the saute function, close the lid and set to manual for 4 minutes. When it's finished cooking, you can immediately release the pressure.
3Remove the lid and blend the soup until smooth and creamy - you can either use a stick blender, like the one shown below, or transfer the contents to a regular blender (depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in batches). Next, stir in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and shredded cheese until cheese is melted. Add in the hot sauce to taste if you're using it and check seasonings. You can either stir in the bacon or top each bowl it. Garnish with some green onions if you like and enjoy!