Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil divided
- 6 slices turkey bacon chopped
- 1 shallot finely minced (about 3-4 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts halved or quartered if large
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each to start)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves finely minced
Nutrition FactsView Info +
1Heat 1 tablespoon corn oil in a large skillet. Add the diced turkey bacon, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat, or until the bacon starts getting crispy.
2Add the remaining tablespoon of corn oil, Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper. Stir well, then allow to cook over medium-high heat undisturbed for about 2 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts that are touching the skillet turn golden brown. Lower the heat if necessary to prevent burning. Stir again, cover with a lid, and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are cooked to your liking.
3Add the pine nuts, lemon juice, and fresh parsley. Stir. Add the Parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Serve warm, garnishing with additional fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.