- 8 ounces dried spaghetti noodles (I used brown rice noodles)
- 4 – 5 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1–1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads, snipped into fine pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup good quality Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
1Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, but save about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
2While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed skillet. When crisp set aside to cool.
3Put saffron into a small cup, add 1/4 cup of the pasta water and allow it to steep.
4Add olive oil to skillet and saute zucchini noodles, lifting with a fork or tongs to coat completely. Add cream and increase heat to medium-high. When cream comes to a boil, remove immediately from heat. Add vanilla, saffron water, and then spaghetti and blend with the zucchini using 2 forks. Add the bacon a little at a time and blend Sprinkle all ingredients with Parmesan cheese, and toss the noodles, zoodles and bacon until they are coated with the cheese. Add last of the reserved pasta water until the dish becomes very creamy.
5Pour all onto a serving platter (or serve from the skillet) with extra cheese at the table.