- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 8 oz each), scrubbed
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 1-oz slices all-natural turkey bacon (no added nitrates or nitrites), cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, optional
Nutriton FactsView Info +
1Preheat oven to 375°F. Place potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush skins with 1 tsp oil. Bake, turning once, until tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. Set aside.
2Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate.
3Make a slit in each potato lengthwise, and scoop flesh from skins into a large bowl leaving a ¼-inch layer of flesh inside the skins. Return skins to baking sheet.
4To bowl with potato flesh, add yogurt, pepper, salt and nutmeg; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Fold in onions, cheese and bacon. Spoon flesh mixture back into skins.
5Return to oven to heat through, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley (if using). (MAKE AHEAD: Potatoes can be made 1 day in advance through Step 4, then covered and refrigerated; baking time will be slightly longer, 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.)