Ingredients for 4 servings
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup dry steel-cut oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, diced
- 6 strips nitrate free turkey bacon, chopped and cooked crisp
Nutrition FactsView Info +
1In a sauce pot, bring broth and milk to a boil. Add oats and salt, continue to boil for a minute and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes until oats are soft and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheddar and Parmesan until incorporated throughout and melted.
2Ladle into serving bowls. Top with chives and bacon. Serve and enjoy!