Ingredients for 1 servings
- 8 Tbsp liquid egg whites (that's about 3 egg whites)
- 2 Tbsp 2% milk
- 2 slices fully cooked turkey bacon (I used Wellshire uncured pre-cooked bacon)
- 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion - white parts separated from the green.
- 3/4 poblano pepper (I ate the rest while cooking. Use the whole pepper if you like.)
- Seasonings: a bit of salt and pepper in the eggs. Optional smoked paprika is excellent too.
Nutrition FactsView Info +
1Chop your veggies so they're ready to go. Chop the bacon into small pieces too.
2Measure your egg whites into a cup and add the milk. Whisk to combine.
3Heat a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Saute the pepper and white parts of the green onion.
4Add the bacon to the veggies plus any additional spices/seasonings and stir to combine.
5Add the egg whites/milk mixture and sprinkle on your cheese. Cover the pan and cook 4-5 minutes until the frittata is lightly brown on the bottom.
6If you're skilled, flip it in the pan to brown the other side. Otherwise just keep the pan covered and cook another 3-4 minutes or until the egg whites are fully set.
7Flip the frittata from the pan onto a plate. Sprinkle on the green onions. Serve.