- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- 2 cup kale of spinach (or 1 cup chopped, cooked broccoli)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz shredded cheese (I used almond cheese from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used gluten-free baking blend)
1Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a standard muffin pan generously with nonstick spray.
2In a large pan with a little olive oil, heat the onion, garlic, and turkey bacon until fragrant and the bacon (or sausage) is cooked. Wilt in the kale and season well with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, nutmeg, cheese, almond milk, salt, baking powder, and flour. Whisk well, and then stir in the cheese and season with a little salt.
4Add the turkey bacon mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
5Using an ice cream scoop, divide evenly into the 12 muffin pan spots.
6Bake for about 20 minutes, until set and slightly golden.
7Allow to cool completely before freezing. To reheat from frozen, microwave for 30-40 seconds.