Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 Kosher sweet Italian beef sausage links
- 1 (8 oz) package of Turkey Bacon
- 1 (12 oz) package of Frankfurter rolls
- 1/2 cup of crispy fried onions, like Onion Crunch
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- barbecue sauce to taste
1Coat a large skillet with olive oil. On a medium-high heat, place turkey bacon in the skillet and fry until cooked through, but not crispy.
2Coat a separate skillet with cooking spray and add the sausage. On a medium-high heat, cook your sausage and constantly turn them in order that they evenly cook. They will be ready once the outside begins to crack.
3Once your sausage is cooked through, wrap the turkey bacon around and place back in the skillet until the bacon begins to crisp.
4Open your hot dog buns face down either on a grill or skillet and toast for 30 seconds.
5Once your bacon wrapped sausage and bun is ready, add a slice of avocado, onion crunch and barbecue sauce to taste.